12 days until blast-off.
I'm not sure how prepared I am. I've rehearsed with all three leads and I'm really happy about how that part of things is shaping up. I have all but two bit parts cast.
I've bought all of the major equipment.
We've built the launchpad. You can watch a little mini-doc on it here:
http://www.vimeo.com/7908810
I've got the rest of my preproduction days planned out. I just have to power through everything. I hope all of the work pays off. That would be the biggest disappointment. This is the most work I've ever put into a film project and I haven't even started it yet. I just hope it amounts to something and the at the end of the day when you watch the film you can tell it's more work than I've ever put into anything else.
A part of me wants to fast forward twelve days to production and another part wants to fast forward to mid-January after it's all shot. I love production, but it's also one of those things that is always so much better in retrospect once you know everything turns out okay. But when you're actually in it, it's incredibly stressful because you don't know if everything will turn out okay, especially with a high stakes project like this. But that's also the point. That's what I love. Sailing a sinking ship through a storm to the other side of the ocean. But of course you're also sailing a sinking ship through a storm...to the otherside of the ocean. It is what it is. And it feels great when you pull it off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment