The Slamdance deadline is Friday. I worked about 10 hours on the movie today. Can't remember the last time I worked that much in one day.
All the ADR and Foley is done. Everything is mixed except I have to do a final pass-through of the last 20 minutes tomorrow.
Then the audio is done except for some final music tracks from Ben. But music is easy to ad now that all the dialogue and sound fx are mixed.
I still haven't done the model shot. But I'll probably do that next weekend. It should only take a few hours.
And I have to make a few small adjustments to the credits.
But we're probably 95% done. With the whole damn thing. Which is pretty huge for me. I'm getting really excited.
I also started assembling the "Making Of" documentary. I was worried we wouldn't have enough good stuff because we didn't have a dedicated documentarian, but going back through everything there's actually a ton of stuff that we grabbed between scenes and when doing big things like putting the ship together. I'm excited to go through the hours and hours of footage and grab little tid-bits of stuff. It'll be nice to go through it all again with different intentions, looking for different things. But I've been putting sequences online as I find them/cut them. So I'll probably end up putting all of the significant making of stuff online at some point and then just have it compiled in a nice hour long or so documentary for the DVD.
It's weird to be getting close to the end. I had found a way to deal with not being very productive on it and carrying on with things. I had been working n it so long that I had gotten used to always having something to do on it. Always knowing I'll eventually finish it. It's sort of a similar feeling as it was to finishing preproduction and the week or so leading up to shooting the movie. So much work and so much time and so much procrastination and then it was eventually there and it felt weird. That's where I'm at right now.
And it's storming outside. The filmmaking gods are celebrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment