Friday, May 14, 2010

Maybe it's not just me

Cyndil and Hunter have both seen the rough cut and their responses have both been overhwelmingly positive. They're the two most honest and critical people I know so I value their opinions highly. They wouldn't be afraid to tell me if it sucked.

I'm kind of on edge, keeping myself from getting too excited (or too cocky) because I just feel like there's going to be some catch somewhere. I've built up a lot of defenses over the years against being too optimisitic or too proud because I nearly always end up humbled by reality somewhere down the road...but I'm getting somewhere with this one. For one, it's 5 months since we shot, and I'm happier with the results now than I think I was when shooting. Usually by now I've moved on and learned my lessons. And now, I'm getting early feedback that suggests most of the film is pretty awesome and works and is everything it's supposed to be. And that's the rough cut. I haven't even had to make any excuses yet.

I really really want and need this to be what it's supposed to be so that I can take my bigger and better next step, whatever that ends up being. But it's like I know better...but based on my current evidence I have no reason to believe myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment