Take it from the frequency of these posts that I'm really getting into this (I tried to think of a pun with 'getting into outer space', but there's nothing there).
I know I've said something to this effect already, but it's like for this project has always seemed like something way off in the distance. It's always felt like it was a year away. Now we're about 3 months from shooting (only about two from building a spaceship), and I'm really excited.
There was a period where I was skeptical and really nervous. This project is really important for me in a lot of ways. Depending on how pessimistic or optimistic you want to be, this could be my last big project (though I think this highly unlikely), but I also see it as kind of the last film from what would potentially be my "school years." After this I get a job. Hopefully a job in film, but the success of this project could have a lot to do with that. Case in point, if this movie sucks I'm gonna have a much harder time getting started.
But now I'm just really focused, which I've found is really hard to do when you don't have a job or school. If free time is your norm, it's actually harder to get stuff done. I suppose because it isn't as precious or valuable. But this week has been great so far. I'm getting so much done and I hope I can keep it up.
I'm really happy about this project right now. I'd say about 65-70% of it is logistically figured out now. There aren't as many unknowns. Whereas at the start of the summer all I really had was a story. Now I have a crew, a leading cast, a (mostly) finished script, and the equipment.
It's weird how much the camera issue had been inhibiting me. It's like I couldn't move forward with the production without knowing how I was going to shoot it and now that I'm not obsessing about specs and release dates, and I can move forward with everything else.
I had lunch with my mom today and we mostly talked about pre-production stuff, and you never really think about your mom as being a resource, but she's really excited about this project and wants to help me build sets and everything. I forget that she's often given the job of organizing events and fundraisers and stuff, but I never thought about her being able to basically help produce this project. It's weird to work with your mom, but she really wants to help, so I'm going to use her.
So now I'm going to go work on a new draft of the script. I think I've spent enough time away from it, and I have several new ideas for scenes to add. Here's hoping it goes well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment