Sunday, September 13, 2009

In the Rain

So it took a nice consistent rainy weekend, but today I got shit done.

This morning I got up at 9, which based on my current schedule is like the crack of dawn. I build 5 paper mache asteroids and a paper mache space shuttle to hang from the ceiling in Neil's bedroom.

I bought a used glidecam system from ebay (25% off retail). I've pre-ordered a 7D. I've ordered a super wide angle 11-17mm lens. I've got my budget re-budgeted based on my new camera, and can now afford a mountable HD monitor and follow focus system.

I guess that's pretty significant. I'm no longer waiting on RED. They've pushed their EPIC line to the front of their release schedule, which at the soonest will be out at the end of November, and probably won't be publicly available until the new year (because of wait list). Of course, I'm waiting on Scarlett and it's bound to be out later. So in a way it's kind of a huge blow. I've been waiting almost a year for this camera now, and I won't be able to get it for this project. The good thing is that I'll be saving some money now and can fully deck out a Canon 7D rig which should provide everything I need in a camera for this project. There was a possibility of not even being able to afford a full working Scarlett system, so at least now I'm working from concrete specs instead of rumor and speculation and possible disappointment.

It's definitely a load off not having to stress out about getting the camera I want/need. Turns out the 7D has most of what I wanted from the Scarlett. It's not as perfect and it shoots compressed instead of RAW, but it's still a huge leap from HDV which is the last format I've shot.

But yeah, hopefully I can keep up the pace. I'm feeling really productive and the weather is getting to be good. I think those are correlated.

No comments:

Post a Comment