Now it's April, three years later. I've been working on adapting the short into a feature length screenplay since the fall. I've been working on it for at least 6 months already.
I've assembled a partial cast and crew, though at this point I'm just trying to get through the final stretch of my education. I'll hopefully be graduating in 5 weeks and then it's full steam ahead on this film.
I don't plan to shoot until roughly January of 2010 so I've got quite a while to work everything out, and I intend to use that time fully.
One of the first things aside from continuing to refine the script is going to be to get a website up where I can maybe transfer these blog posts to as well as host other stuff that documents the process of making this movie. I want the production to be fairly transparent and being that it will be an extremely important project for me, I want to document everything pretty well. In case I can't shoot a proper "making of", I want to have this production diary.
But if you're looking for insights into the script or anything, you won't be getting them. I don't want to sacrifice the integrity of the film by saying too much. I just want the way I do it to be remembered.
I'd like to help build interest in the project too by posting frequent updates and insights into what we're doing and hopefully that will help to build somewhat of a fanbase of people that maybe feel like they too have some sort of stake in the project. I'd like to do a web series or something that documents it as well. Who knows what will happen at this point. That's the fun of the first post. I can look back and laugh at how clueless I was on day one...even though this isn't really day one.
But in a year from now hopefully I'll have a completed film that is something I really proud of. And that's when I'll look back through these posts.
I'm rambling now. At this point I don't think it's important to update more than once a week if that so don't get too anxious if there is in fact anybody reading this at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment