Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Full-time Filmmaker

In 9 days, I will have graduated college and will then officially be a full-time filmmaker for at least the next year. This is the most exciting thing ever.

I don't think I've even touched the GOS script since my last post. Finals are distracting. I've got many new ideas though.

Moviesauce even has a new short based on a fairty tale poem that might serve as a warm up in the fall with the new equiment I'm getting for GOS.

I'm very curious about how much money I'm going to be starting with. I have 3k right now, and I'm wondering how much I might be accumulating for graduation. On one hand people get cars and trips to Europe for graduation so it could be a substantial amount, but on the other, when people just give you money I feel like they're less inclined to give as much as they might spend on a trip.

I know we're still way off from making the movie, but the closer it gets, the more the reality of the whole thing sets in. You start thinking about what all you have to do for such a big project and you feel lazy until you start getting it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment