Halfway through July.
I'm having a bit of a creative meltdown. I really wish the Scarlett was out so that I could shoot something.
Yesterday, I spent most of the day listening to my new collection of vinyl records and drawing out shots for GOS that I have stuck in my head. But that wasn't enough, so last night I wrote a short film that I want to shoot as soon as the Scarlett comes out.
I'm just getting antsy. I've outlined the script about 5 or 6 times. The latest outline is on my "drawing board" in my office. But the problem with outlining is that when you reach the end you feel done and it's hard to then go and write. I know this movie pretty well now. It's been gestating for some three years now with the feature being in the writing process for about 10 months now...and I only have one and a half drafts to show for it.
But I'm just so ready to make it. The writing keeps feeling less and less important. I feel like I should bring some other people on board to maybe bring a fresh take to it.
In other news, I just bought all the pieces for my editing computer in preparation for the Scarlett which will hopefully be out in the next two months or so. It'll be my first time building a computer from scratch, but I'm excited about it and hopefully it'll work because I'll be doing some very important work on it.
Hopefully, I can bring myself to finish the script before August. As much as I like coming up with stories and figuring them out, I don't think I have the patience or discipline for writing features. I just keep wanting to move on with production and forget about the writing because I have the story long before I have the script. And it's disheartening to get a lot of writing done only to later change your mind about it or decide you don't like it and it you have to do it all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment