Thursday, September 10, 2009

Too Much Time

I've come to realize that I work better under pressure.

Give me more than enough time, and I'll waste a lot of it. Give me a deadline and I'll get it done.

I've got to figure out a way to convince myself that production starts next week so I will start getting things done.

Today I just played video games. All day. And it was kind of depressing. I don't enjoy playing games the way I used to when I was younger. I like playing them, but I feel guilty when I spend more than 2 hours or so playing a game. Of course, games have to last like 10+ hours. They can't be easily consumable like movies. I don't feel guilty watching movies though. They feel more on par with reading a book or something. There's more substance to it. I suppose if I was trying to be a game designer I might feel better about it. And there are the occassional games that are very inspiring and artful, but I play more than them so I have all of these arbitrary experiences that are basically wastes of time.

But for the most part things are going really well for the movie so far. I only wish I had a casting director and a location manager to handle the supporting cast/background and the locations. Those are the two things I want to work on the least. Probably because they have to do with more scheduling and more people.

I'm also getting really antsy about what camera I'm going to be using. I still don't know because I still don't know what will be available. We're going to be on the cutting edge with this project, and there are two companies, Canon and RED who are pushing that edge and will probably both have new products out before then end of the year. But I really wish I had something to work with now. I'm really itching to just do some shooting and editing. I want to do a music video or something to satisfy my craving to shoot something.

That's part of the problem with being a filmmaker. I get myself worked up and wanting to make something, but it's so much harder to physically produce and practice than it is with many other mediums.


No comments:

Post a Comment